Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Grandma Hullinger's Sugar Cookies

Recipe From: I'm not sure.  It's a variant on the Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies from Great-Grandma Hullinger I published yesterday, similar to but not the same as.  I clearly got it from someone in the family as it has a note at the bottom, but all I have is a typed version so I can't even use handwriting as a clue!  If you wrote this down, let me know so I can credit you!

Preheat Oven to: 350 degrees

Ingredients

4 cups flour
1 cup butter, or shortening
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract, lemon or almond
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking soda

Original Instructions:  Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.  Beat the eggs and set aside.  In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar; add the beaten eggs and continue to beat until mixed.  Add vanilla and flour mixture and stir until well mixed.  Chill.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Roll out chilled dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 ".  Cut into rounds or shapes with cookie cutters.  Sprinkle with sugar if desired.  Bake until edges are lightly brown, 15-17 minutes.  Decorate with colored icing, sprinkles, etc. if desired.

Notes
I remember that Grandma Hullinger (your Great-Grandmother) made great sugar cookies. I found this recipe in a box of recipes from their house. Grandma wrote that Ruthanne called these Grandpa's cookies. Dough must chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment